- When the alarm first sounds, you will be momentarily paralysed, unable to remember what day it is or whether you have a job at all
- The shirt you planned to wear during your big presentation will turn out to have a large tear/stain when removed from the wardrobe
- The bus/train will be proportionally late to the recent increase in fares
- You get caught checking personal email before you have fully logged in
- The network will crash at a crucial moment
- Weasels will take credit for you work
- The biggest loser in the office will be promoted soon
- The cafe will mess up your lunch order
- Status reports will be requested for all overdue projects
- The department will be reorganised in the next few months, for no
- The sooner you have to be back at work, the longer the queue at the bank
- The person before you will have taken the last of the coffee
- The new employee who showed so much promise will turn out to be
- The day will be over, eventually...
- ...and before you know it, this will all be ten years ago!!!
17 February 2005
The Certainties of Work
May I point a few of these out, as certainties of a typical working day:
You might like...
(This was posted on Reddit. It's not my work; it says "feel free to copy and paste", so I did for those who aren't on Redd...
Sorry, I've gone for a clickbait title here, but honestly. You won't believe this, or maybe you will, but anyway. If you thought the...
You could almost feel sorry for the Coalition for Marriage, the self described "movement to defend traditional marriage" in the on...